Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year! - Some Pics from my trip to Indiana! Long Island NY Portrait Photographer




Wow, I can't believe its 2009!! The last year passed so quickly! I spent New Years week in Indiana visiting my family! It was so great to see my mom, sister, nieces, and my aunt again. I wish life allowed for more visits like that one. I took the free time to get out my camera and just take random shots of "whatever"...it was fun and really re-inspired my creativity. I think we all need to do it once in a while, take a step back and do what made us begin our photography journey in the first place, without any pressure. John bought me a few new lenses for Christmas and I could'nt wait to try out the 15mm Fisheye. He also got me a 100mm Macro, but I'm thinking I won't get a whole lot of use out of that one until flowers start blooming and the bugs come out in the spring, and then I'll be a shootin fool with it, I think! :)


I went down to a park called "Deep River Park" in Hobart Indiana and they have an old mill, gazebo, and a sugar shack with a River running through the property. It's just generally a very pretty park, add in a dusting of snow and it was even more beautiful.

I took some of the scenic's with the fisheye, I could NOT get over how WIDE this lens is, you can almost see your FEET it so wide! I also got to capture my nieces, Brandy and Julie, they are such beautiful girls and I wish I had more time with them. I took Brandy, age 12 out for a full session and she and I had some bonding time, that was a fun afternoon!


Here are some of the shots from my trip:








































1 comment:

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

Beautiful, as always. I love the bridge - I have a thing for bridges! I also love the conversions - good work. The little girl, your daughter right, is beautiful - I love the shot of her with the coat...