Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Volounteering at my Local Animal Shelter


I had the opportunity as a Volounteer at the local animal shelter yesterday afternoon. I am so happy to use my time and talent to capture these precious homeless animals. Perhaps if good quality pictures can be posted on the shelter's petfinder website these beautiful kitties will have a better chance at finding thier forever family. The people at the shelter are so kind and accomodating to me. I was able to capture some really nice images of the available cats for adoption. I will go back next week to take photo's of the available dogs. It feels really good to know you can help! If you are photographer and you're reading this, please consider donating your talent to a local shelter to help get these guys a home. If you are just reading my blog, consider adopting a homeless animal into your family...they truly will love you for it!


Below is a video I put together as well as a few of the shots.




















10 comments:

Meredith said...

These are beautiful! How generous of you to do this! I'm sure it will help them find wonderful homes!

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

Those are just beautiful - you did such a beautiful job with them. And what an amazing ORG. I have been thinking about offering my services, I would love to! :)

Sarah Wilkerson said...

Beautiful pictures! How kind of you to take these pictures -- I hope it helps these animals find wonderful homes.

Jen said...

What a wonderful idea! The pictures are great and I think it will help with their adoption! What shelter do you volunteer at? I tried volunteering at North shore but it broke my heart. Great job!

Jen
www.afterthealter.com

Unknown said...

christine,
what an awesome way to combine your passions - a wonderful photographer with a heart for animals - i hope this turns into an awesome opportunity to help more and more little critters find good homes. awesome work!

angela
www.lovinglegacyphotography.com
www.dancingwithmyfather.blogspot.com

Samantha Parks said...

these are beautiful!!! i wish i could take one home! that is so wonderful of you to give of your talent and time like that.

Jen said...

Those are lovely! I know they will bring more families for these special kitties. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Lisa Batey said...

beautiful pics, I hope you helped each and every one find a good home.

Jessie said...

You have such a big heart!

Jessie said...

You have such a big heart to do this!